The Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria, PSN, has called the attention of eligible lady pharmacists for the BASF Award 2020 to apply immediately as application will close by 10 October, 2020.
Pharmanewsonline reports that the award is for female pharmacists in manufacturing, academy, or research and development, as applicants should be young pharmacists not older than 35 years of age.
In a release made available to Pharmanewsonline and signed by the PSN National Secretary, Pharm. Emeka Duru, interested and eligible PSN financial members were encouraged to apply. While financial members were also mobilised to nominate eligible candidates.
Duru further stated that : “The award is for young female pharmacists that have demonstrated innovation in pharmaceutical manufacturing/technology or who have carried out outstanding research work in areas having direct bearing on Drug Research and Development”.
He highlighted the criteria for the award, saying eligible pharmacists must have demonstrated achievement in some or all of the following ways:
Candidates in Manufacturing:
• innovations in pharmaceutical manufacturing; improve production and supply chain processes.
• initiatives or processes created that demonstrates innovation and commercial potential • initiatives that contribute to sustainability in manufacturing process
• innovations that enhance, improve, or revolutionise the manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
Candidates in Academy/ Research and Development
• discovering of new drug or raw material
• bringing a new product to market
• transferring a research to practical stage
• improve the performance of an existing product
Candidates are invited to provide evidence about their performance enabling them to demonstrate:
• Use of technology, and application of production techniques in manufacturing process,
• Innovation that results in real-term benefits in manufacturing time, safety, consistency or quality,
• Patents awarded
• Independent research showing success in grants, academic impact of research
• Original research in peer reviewed journals
• National or international speaking invitations
• Effective and appropriate exploitation of research including prospective economic or social impact.
He said documents submitted should also include the application form to be downloaded via this link: http://bit.ly/PSNBASFAWARD
Then a CV and 2 letters of recommendation, one of which should be from the employer or supervisor.
“Applicants may be invited to a Zoom meeting by the award selection committee to clarify some of their claims.
“All documents MUST be submitted Electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, one hardcopy should be sent to Pharmacy House, 32 Faramobi Ajike Street, Anthony Village Lagos.Please note that deadline for submission is October 10, 2020”, he stated.