Pharmanews Ltd, organisers of the Young Pharmacist and PANSite of the Year Awards, is pleased to inform you that nomination exercise for the Dean’s Award 2023 has commenced.
The Award, is the latest addition to the Pharmanews Online Poll series, with Prof. Festus B. C. Okoye, Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) emerging winner of the maiden edition in 2022.
Other contestants in the first edition of the award were: Prof. M.U. Uhumwangho, Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin (UNIBEN); Prof. Aderonke Adepoju-Bello, Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lagos (UNILAG); Prof. Kenneth C. Ofokansi, Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy , University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN); Prof. Theophine Akunne, Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, (COOU); and Prof. Uthman G. Sadiq, University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID).
The Dean of the Year Online Poll is a unique competition for serving Deans of Pharmacy schools across Nigerian universities. It is created to recognise Deans of Pharmacy faculties who have contributed significantly to the development of their faculties.
To qualify for this prestigious award, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a person of proven integrity.
- Must be a good leader, committed to the progress of everyone in the faculty
- Must have demonstrated excellent administrative skills in the overall development of the faculty.
- Must have established a good relationship with students, staff and stakeholders in the Pharmacy profession.
- Must have demonstrated innovativeness in raising academic and research standard of the faculty.
- Must have a proven record of generating revenue and mobilising support for the faculty.
We hereby call for nomination of serving Deans who meet the above criteria.
Please mention your nominee as a comment to the post.
Sequel to the nomination exercise, a specially constituted selection panel will conduct background checks on nominees with the highest nominations. Thereafter, qualified candidates will be shortlisted for the Online Poll. The candidate with the highest votes becomes the winner of the coveted award.
Kindly note that nomination closes on Wednesday, 12 July, 2023 at 12 noon.
N/B: Former Deans are excluded from the competition.