The fifth edition of the Pharmanews Young Pharmacist of the Year has commenced with nomination exercise for qualified candidates for the online competition.
The award is for the recognition of young pharmacists who have distinguished themselves in the provision of innovative public healthcare services to their immediate communities.
Pharmanews Limited, organisers of Dean of the Year Award, Outstanding Pharmacist of the Year Award and PANSite of the Year Award, birthed the Young Pharmacist of the Year Award in 2018 to encourage innovation and active involvement of young pharmacists in public healthcare and community health outreaches.
The maiden edition of the Online Poll saw Pharm. Isa Muhammad, as the winner, while Pharm. Frank Eze won the second edition in 2019, Pharm. Dan Eze, was the winner of the 2020 contest, with Pharm. Ozioma Onyedikachukwu Ezeofor, emerging winner of the 2022 competition.
To qualify for this prestigious award, the prospective candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered pharmacist in Nigeria
- Must be a young pharmacist not older than 35 years of age
- Must be actively involved in public health advocacy
- Must have demonstrated innovation in healthcare delivery
- Must have been engaged in drug research and development – especially towards combatting any infectious disease.
- Must have personally undertaken other community development activities.
We hereby urge you to nominate young pharmacists who meet the above requirements.
Please mention your nominee as a comment to the post.
Sequel to the nomination exercise, a specially constituted selection panel will conduct background checks on nominees with the highest nominations. Thereafter, qualified candidates will be shortlisted for the Online Poll. The candidate with the highest votes becomes the winner of the coveted award.
Please note that nomination closes on Friday, 3 November, 2023 at 12 noon.
N/B: Previous winners are not qualified for nomination again.