Nomination for the 4th edition of Pharmanews PANSite of the Year Award is open to all eligible Pharmacy students, who have contributed immensely to public healthcare and health innovation in the society.
Recall that Pharmanews Ltd., introduced the Online Competition in 2019 to recognise and celebrate PANSites, who have distinguished themselves in active participation in community services through public health enlightenment programmes, healthcare innovation and social development.
Yusuf Hassan Wada, a 21-year- old Pharmacy student of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, emerged the winner of the first edition; Izukanne Emembolu, from Faculty of Pharmacy, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka was the winner for the 2020 contest and Martin Nwofia, a 500 level Pharmacy student of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Anambra State, clinched the trophy in 2021.
To qualify for this coveted award, the prospective candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Pharmacy student in one of the Nigerian universities
- Must be actively involved in public health advocacy
- Must have demonstrated innovation in healthcare delivery
- Must have been engaged in drug research – especially towards combatting the raging COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must have personally undertaken other community development activities
- Must not have won this award before.
We hereby call for nomination of Pharmacy students who meet the above requirements. Your nomination should be attached as a comment to the post.
Following the nomination exercise, the panel in charge of the exercise will select five nominees with highest nominations for an Online Poll, and the candidate with the highest votes becomes the winner.
Please note that nomination closes Friday, 18 March 2022 at 12 noon.