Nomination for the 3rd edition of Pharmanews PANSite of the Year Award is open to all eligible Pharmacy students, who have contributed immensely to public healthcare and health innovation in the society.
Pharmanews Ltd introduced the Online Competition in 2019 to recognise and celebrate PANSites, who have distinguished themselves in active participation in community services through public health enlightenment programmes, healthcare innovation and social development.
Yusuf Hassan Wada, a 21-year- old Pharmacy student of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, emerged the winner of the first edition, while Izukanne Emembolu, from Faculty of Pharmacy, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka was the winner for the 2020 contest.
To qualify for this coveted award, the prospective candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Pharmacy student in one of the Nigerian universities
- Must be actively involved in public health advocacy
- Must have demonstrated innovation in healthcare delivery
- Must have been engaged in drug research – especially towards combatting the raging COVID-19 pandemic.
- Must have personally undertaken other community development activities
We hereby call for nomination of young pharmacists who meet the above requirements. Your nomination should be attached as a comment to the post.
Following the nomination exercise, the panel in charge of the exercise will select five nominees with highest nominations for an Online Poll, and the candidate with the highest votes becomes the winner.
Please note that nomination closes on Tuesday 7 April 2020, at noon.